Human rights activist.
- Coordinator of the Volunteer Service of the Human Rights Center “Viasna”
- In jail since September 2020
- Documented peaceful assemblies and also violence, torture by state authorities
- Her husband was also arrested and later released
- Their laptops, phones, money were confiscated during police raid
As part of her human rights activities, Marfa, together with Viasna’s volunteers, observed peaceful assemblies, took an active part in the independent observation campaign “Human Rights Defenders for Free Elections”, and participated in documenting evidence of torture and other ill-treatment of detained protesters.
Amnesty international wrote: “Marfa Rabkova is a prisoner of conscience who is being targeted for her legitimate activities as a human rights defender, such as observing demonstrations and documenting evidence of human rights violations, including torture and other ill-treatment of peaceful protesters by law enforcement officials. Marfa Rabkova has committed no crime. Prosecuting her for peacefully exercising her human rights and protecting the rights of others is a breach of Belarus’ obligations under international human rights law.”